Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Start of Quarter Four

Sorry for being so hit and miss on the blog this semester. I think part of it is how busy we have been and how much we have been working. Some weeks it feels like we didn't get a day off. Anyways things have been going well here, we are finally into fourth quarter which is very exciting. We are 11 days away from spring break and our safari in Tanzania which is going to be amazing!! We can't wait to be out in the wilderness seeing some incredible beasts!! For those of you that don't know three other teachers plus one of their boys friends are going on the safari as well as my cousin Nate who has gone to Italy and Norway with me. My uncle Alan, my mom and dad which will be the first out of country experience for them other than Canada!! Leah and I are very excited to see family!

Leah and I went out to the orphange this last weekend and did a game day with them which turned out really well and was a lot of fun. We are trying to organize a miral project for the orphange school, but we realized that every weekend in April will be a no movement weekend do to elections happening. We are still unsure if we will be able to continue on with school or not. There has been speculation that all schools might close so teachers can help count votes for elections. If that happens I'm not sure what will happen for us. The last time we stayed in session when other schools didn't there was a newspaper article published that pretty much forced us to close school. We shall see. We had recently just finished having longer days and working Saturdays to make up for those days off.

My new excitment is getting a ultimate pick up game going every wednesday after school with a bunch of different people. It is great to play without any kids there. I give teachers that are parents a lot of credit. I am so worn out when I get home the hardest thing would be having kids to take care of and push through it. I hope when we are back home and teaching that I am not as tired as I am here. I really think the intensity of the sun drains me more than normal.

Just today Leah and I were going to run after school, but it was so hot I couldn't even stand walking around the track at school. So we went home to our a/c!! lol well I have to get ready for tomorrow but we hope everyone is doing well and enjoying spring, even if you are still getting snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment